The native missionaries in Southeast Asia are facing so many challenges and need our immediate prayers to do the work they have been called to do. Marlou Barredo is the Regional Director for Southeast Asia (the Philippines, Laos, Thailand, and Cambodia). She is requesting prayer for the missionary partners who work so diligently to reach the remaining unreached people groups of her region with the Gospel. Here are the five items for which she has requested prayer.
- That the rate of transmission of COVID cases will go down significantly and that the government will ease the restrictions imposed.
- For the training of more missionaries to identify unreached people groups and engage them with the Gospel.
- For new ministry partners whose vision is in line with Matthew 24:14 — to hasten the return of Jesus by reaching those who have never heard the Good News.
- For financial and intercessory support for these new ministry partners in the long process of first adopting unreached groups, then engaging them, and finally preparing and training them to be viable witnesses among their people.
- For wisdom, strength, protection, and perseverance for all of God’s servants working in the mission fields of the Philippines, Laos, Thailand, and Cambodia. The task of accomplishing the Great Commission Jesus gave his disciples — to go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit and teaching them to obey everything Jesus has commanded them — is daunting.
In Marlou’s own words:
Mission work is both challenging and rewarding at times. A servant of God may be so overwhelmed by hardships and testing that they may be ready to drop out of the race and quit. It may just take a simple prayer or a small but timely gift for them to be encouraged and be reminded that they are not alone; and that God truly remembers them, loves them, and cares for them.
Please remember to pray for the missionaries of Southeast Asia to be encouraged and strengthened to continue to serve the Lord.