“Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.” 1 Thessalonians 5:16–18 (ESV)
These may not be the first verses that come to mind when we think about 2020. However, the Scriptures clearly teach us to rejoice always, pray always, and give thanks always in all circumstances. In other words, no matter what happens in our lives it is the will of the Lord that we give Him the praise and glory He deserves.
Here are just a few things to rejoice about today — some exciting accomplishments from 2020. I’m especially excited to share these with the ANM community because your prayers and donations helped drive these accomplishments.
- ANM native partners planted more than 1,500 churches among some of the world’s least-reached and unreached people groups.
- Our partners started new ministry work among 26 unreached people groups.
- More than 4,000 pastors, church planters, and evangelists received training.
- We added another 23 countries, for a current total of 116.
- ANM supporters raised more than $500,000 for emergency COVID-19 relief and outreach, channeling aid through 119 ANM partners in 54 countries.
- Our ANM staff was able to quickly pivot to working remotely while continuing to communicate effectively with our network of native partners and providing excellent service to the ANM community.
- We held our first-ever virtual events, featuring partners from Latin America, South Asia, and the Middle East. Look for more of these coming this spring!
- We held our first-ever virtual conference for native pastors, ministering to 50 pastors in South Asia.
- Our team members are talking and praying over the phone with more supporters like you than in the last few years combined. What a joy to speak with you personally, and what a privilege to pray with you!
I give the Lord praise and thanks for these and many other blessings in 2020. And although I do not know what 2021 holds, I know who holds 2021. So I am rejoicing, praying, and giving thanks as we begin 2021. I hope you’ll join me.