In that day the Lord Almighty will bless them, saying, ‘Blessed be Egypt my people, Assyria my handiwork, and Israel my inheritance.’ – Isaiah 19:24–25
There are so many different issues pulling at our attention in the Middle East. As we pray for native missions in the region, we pray for wisdom. Here are a few prompts:
1. Pray for the spread of the Gospel to those that have not heard and that the Gospel will find a place in their hearts.
So the Lord will make himself known to the Egyptians, and in that day they will acknowledge the Lord. – Isaiah 19:21
2. Pray for peace among the nations.
He will judge between the nations
and will settle disputes for many peoples.
They will beat their swords into plowshares
and their spears into pruning hooks.
Nation will not take up sword against nation,
nor will they train for war anymore. – Isaiah 2:4
3. Pray for the safety of those doing ministry in these nations.
If you say, “The Lord is my refuge,”
and you make the Most High your dwelling,
no harm will overtake you,
no disaster will come near your tent. – Psalm 91:9–10
4. Pray for the nation of Syria, that the fighting will come to a peaceful end and that the Christians there will be protected from harm.
He will be called…Prince of Peace. – Isaiah 9:6
5. Pray for the Christians in Egypt that are under persecution.
Continue to remember those in prison as if you were together with them in prison, and those who are mistreated as if you yourselves were suffering. Hebrews 13:3