In East Asia, there are many suffering for their faith. When asked about their greatest need, the answer is always: “Please pray for us.” They don’t ask for their persecution and suffering to end, but rather for God to be glorified and the Gospel to spread. Dan Reichard, ANM’s Regional Director for East Asia, has shared five ways you can pray for this difficult region of the world.
5 Ways to Pray:
- Pray that God would open the spiritual eyes of Kim Jong-un, the leader of North Korea, the most persecuted nation in all of the world, and also of President Xi Jinping, the president of China, where great persecution is taking place. We know that even as He did with Nebuchadnezzar in the Old Testament and Saul of Tarsus in the New Testament, God can turn the hearts of kings. We pray that God will do in the presidents of North Korea and China that which would bring greater peace and greater transport of the Gospel.
- Pray that God would use the persecution in China and North Korea as a platform for the Gospel. When we talk to those being persecuted, asking how to pray specifically, they never ask for prayer that God would take away the pain and suffering. They always say, “Would you pray that God would use this suffering, this persecution, to further spread the Gospel among our people?”
- Pray that the flow of Bibles coming into closed countries will continue to move past the increasing efforts to block and hinder their distribution. In most of these countries, it’s challenging to get the Word of God in because of surveillance, information technology, and other problems. Pray that we might be able to put Bibles into the hands of those who seek the Word of God.
- Pray that God would raise more partners and donors to target the unreached people groups of South China. In China, with the largest population globally, over 200 people groups in the south of China live in the mountains. Most of these 200 people groups are unreached. Pray that God would open the hearts of many to pray and give, that they might be reached with the Gospel.
- Pray that God would raise a mighty army of prayer warriors to passionately pray for the persecuted church in China, North Korea, and worldwide.
We appeal to you to be a part of those who would pray. We ask that you would passionately commit to becoming warriors of prayer and giving for the needs of our brothers and sisters [suffering for their faith] around the world, that the unreached would be reached and that the untold would be told.
Thank you for praying and giving.